I had not really ever tried adult coloring until after my last manic episode. My therapist introduced me to it and we did a lot of coloring page printables in group therapy.
Since coloring these complex mandalas, owls, flowers, quotes, and enchanted garden scenes help me to relax and practice mindfulness, I decided to curate a list of free adult coloring page printables for you! Whether you have a chronic or mental illness, I believe you will find that coloring makes a profound impact on your mood and state of mind.
This post contains Amazon and other affiliate links. This just means that at no extra cost to you I receive a small commission if you purchase something through the links in this post. This is one of the ways I support my blog & family. Read my full disclosure policy.
Most people color with gel pens,
- 48 Pc Set of Premium Ink Gel Pens Set With Case
- Artist Quality Coloring Pens: 24 Glitter, 12 Metallic, 12 Neon
- Plus 48 Matching Refills
- Portable Storage Case and Magnetic Gift Box
✓ 14 bright and vibrant colors
✓ Medium Point pen .7mm
✓ Smooth writing great for journaling
✓ Washable Ink
✅ INSPIRATIONAL ADULT COLORING PAGES
Get some encouragement from these free printable inspirational coloring pages. You should have a stash of free positive affirmation coloring pages for when you are feeling down and need something uplifting. When you live with a chronic or mental illness, using adult coloring (especially inspirational quotes coloring pages) can be a very effective self-care activity. (Get more ideas of self-care activities here)
Free Printable Coloring Pages for Adults (Only Quotes)
- “Your Dream Does Not Have an Expiration Date” -Inspirational Quote
- “DANCE like there is nobody watching, LOVE
likeyou’ll never be hurt, SING like there is nobody listening, LIVE like it is heaven on earth”
- “Don’t ever let anyone dull your SPARKLE”
- “PEACE comes from within”
- “It always seems impossible until it is done”-
- Think. Believe. Dream. Dare.
- “It Takes Courage to Grow Up and Become Who You Really Are”
- “Don’t expect anything original from an echo.”
- “Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.”
- “It’s the little things in life that make it wonderful.”
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
- Seek patience and passion in equal amounts. Patience alone will not build the temple. Passion alone will destroy the walls. – Maya Angelou
- Keep only those things that speak to the heart.
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
- Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting so get on your way.
Free Inspirational Words Coloring Pages
A great way to use inspirational words coloring pages is to choose one and while you color, meditate on what that word means–especially for your own life and goals.
Here is a ✅ great deal on a
- Be Kind
- Thankful Heart. Happy Heart
- Shine On
✅ CHRONIC ILLNESS COLORING PAGES
Living well with a chronic illness takes courage, hope, bravery, and a warrior mindset. Use these chronic illness adult coloring pages to encourage you on your journey. Our lives are not easy, but we all have a warrior within us. I have created the free printable adult coloring pages you see below especially for my fellow chronic illness warriors.
- Tough times never last but tough people do.
- “Courage does not always Roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.”
- “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- “Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.”
- “Never forget who you are.”
- “Some days you have to create your own sunshine.”
- “Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.”
- “Start each day with a grateful heart.”
✅ Free Positive Affirmation Coloring Pages PDFs
Using affirmations is a self-care activity that is recommended by many therapists. It’s a great way to combat negative thought patterns and focus on the future in a positive way. The list below is a special collection of free printable positive affirmation coloring pages. If you are interested in learning more about writing your own affirmations, check out this post. You can also get a huge list of positive affirmations to say everyday here.
- Today I choose joy.
- I never give up.
- I turn my can’t into cans.
- I believe in myself.
- I only compare myself to myself.
- I am beautiful.
- I am smart.
- I can make it happen.
- I am remarkably made.
Adult Coloring Affirmation Cards
An easy way to start using affirmations to make a positive impact in your life is to use affirmation cards that you can easily refer to throughout your day. Here are some pre-made affirmation cards to color. Or if you prefer to create your own, here is how to make simple affirmation cards.
✅ FREE MENTAL HEALTH COLORING PAGES
A great (and seriously fun) self-care activity to improve your mental health is adult coloring. Coloring helps you to practice mindfulness which is another key self-care strategy. No matter what place you are with your mental health, adult coloring pages can make a positive impact on your mood and well-being.
It is an inexpensive activity (I am giving you a HUGE list of free adult printable pages) and you can be as creative with it as you want. But don’t put pressure on yourself to be creative and do this coloring thing “right.” Just pick up a crayon or color pencil and start coloring away! Enjoy these mental health coloring pages and share this post with others who you know might benefit from this relaxing activity.
Mental Health Coloring Sheets
Mental health awareness is often times the first step to getting help. And more and more people are realizing the importance of nurturing your mental health whether you are going through a hard time or you live with a mental illness. I choose to speak openly about having Bipolar 1 Disorder because I want to raise awareness that you can live with a mental health disorder but still live a full life.
- Mental Health Matters
- In the depths of this cold dark place, I will sing a song of myself and rise whole, shining, and strong.
- Grow hope
- Nurture your mental health: breathe, ask for help, it’s okay not to be okay, take a break, love yourself.
- Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.
Free Coloring Pages for Depression
If you are in the chasm of depression, it can seem endless and hopeless. Use these adult coloring pages to refocus your mind on finding hope that tomorrow will be better than today.
- It’s okay to feel sad.
- “At any moment, you have the power to say this is not how the story is going to end.”
- “Do something amazing”
- “Have an attitude of gratitude”
- “Don’t stop believing”
- “Don’t stumble on something behind you.”
- “It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness.”
- “Life is about using the whole box of crayons.”
- “It’s always darkest before the dawn.”
- “Thankfulness is the beginning of happiness.”
- “There is always, always something to be grateful for.”
Free Printable Recovery Coloring Pages
Recovering from an illness, addiction, or a traumatic experience is not easy. You need to find sources of positivity and hope to keep on your journey to recovery. This list of adult coloring pages for recovery is a great start.
- Everything you want is on the other side of fear.
- Be patient with yourself.
- Keep growing.
- The sun will rise and we will try again.
- One day at a time.
- Don’t stumble on something behind you.
Free Printable Anxiety Coloring Pages
These coloring pages for anxiety will help you focus on being mindful of your thoughts and feelings. Adult coloring is a relaxing activity that can be a source of hope as well.
- Your mental health matters.
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.
- Stop looking for storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight.
- Some days you have to create your own sunshine.
- Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.
- Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.
✅ Can’t find the perfect coloring page? Check out this beautiful set of Mental Health Coloring Pages (Set of 30 sheets with individual m
Did you know that Adult coloring is great for someone with depression? Check out this phenomenal Gift Guide for the Most Thoughtful Gifts for Someone with Depression
Therapeutic Mandala Adult Free Adult Coloring Pages
Mandala designs are believed to be therapeutic and calming to color. They can be intricate or very simple. I find some days I am looking for a coloring page that requires lots of thought and planning and other days where I just want something quick and easy to color. The list below of therapeutic mandala free coloring pages gives you options for both.
- Square Mandala
- Mandala #1
- Mandala #2
- Mandala #3
- Mandala #4
- Mandala #5
- Mandala #6
- Mandala #7
- Mandala #8
- Mandala #9
- Mandala #10
- Mandala #11
- Mandala #12
- Circles Mandala
- Star Mandala
- Easy Mandala
- Flower Mandala
- Love Birds Mandala
- Flower and Leaves Mandala
- Owl Mandala
✅ Free Printable Coloring Pages for Adults Only PDFs
These adults only coloring pages are very popular. But if you prefer to avoid curse words and references to sex in your coloring activities I advise you to skip this list. 😉
Free Printable Coloring Pages for Adults Only Quotes
- Be strong and kick ass.
- F*ck chronic illness.
- You’re a ray of f*cking sunshine
- Grow the f*ck up.
- Always be yourself unless you’re a twat-waffle. Then be someone else.
- Calm the f*ck down.
- Please don’t do coke, meth, or whippets in our bathroom.
- We’re not all psychic b*tch. Use your turn signals.
- I’m not always a b*tch. Just kidding, go f*ck yourself.
✅ NATURE ADULT COLORING PAGE FREE PRINTABLES
Activities related to nature are known to be calming and helps to ground you. Whether it’s a nature walk or working on a coloring page that is nature-themed, these are positive activities to fill your days with-especially on difficult days.
Nature Scenery Coloring Pages for Adults
Each person has their own favorite scene in nature. My favorite is anything related to the beach or ocean. You might like woodsy nature scenes, fields of flowers, sky, or desert cactus scenes. Below is a list of many adult coloring pages of different scenes from nature.
- Under The Sea
- Sunflower Landscape
- Cactus Desert
- Fields and Hills
- Palm Tree Beach Scene
- Collection of Palm Trees on the Beach
Free Printable Flower Coloring Pages for Adults
- Elegant Rose
- Sunflower Pattern
- Flower Swirls
- Easter Flower
- Flowers Along a Fence with Butterfly
- Spring Flower
- Two Flowers
- Flowers Upon Flowers
- Spring Flowers
- Flower Abstract
Animal Coloring Pages for Adults to Print
These free animals coloring pages are great for adults and children. They are adorable!
Free Miscellaneous Objects Adult Coloring Pages
- Vase of Flowers
- Sandcastles on the Beach
- Single Feather
- Dream Catcher
- Flip Flops
- Ice Cream Cone
- Tire Swing
- Treehouse and Bicycle
- Hot Air Balloon
✓ 50 piece set
✓ No sharpening required
✅ FREE HOLIDAY COLORING PRINTABLES
There is nothing like decorating for the holidays. You can use these free holiday coloring printables to get in the spirit and use your finished adult coloring projects as a unique touch to your DIY holiday decorating!
Free Printable Christmas Candy Cane Coloring Pages
Free Printable Christmas Tree Ornament Coloring Pages
Christmas Coloring Pages O
- Christmas Mandalas (Print or Color Online)
- Christmas Tree Adult Coloring Pages (Print or Color Online)
- Religious Christmas Coloring Pages (Print or Color Online)
You have to check out these adorable Free Coloring Holiday Gift Tags! I enjoy adult coloring pages simply for the relaxing and enjoyable benefits. But since I put a lot of effort and creativity in my designs, I love when I can find a functional use for them. These gift tags will add a unique and personal touch to your Christmas gift wrapping.
Free Printable Thanksgiving Coloring Pages for Adults
Valentines Adult Coloring Pages
- I Love You – Be Mine
- You Make My Heart Flutter
- Heart Valentine Candies
- Be My Valentine Heart
- Heart & Flowers
Free Halloween Coloring Pages for Adults
- Jack O’ Lantern Pumpkin
- Halloween Scene with Headstone
- Happy Halloween Witch Shoes, Candy Corn, and Pumpkins
- Trick or Treat Owl
- Double Double Toil and Trouble
Grandparent’s Day Coloring Pages (for free)
*I had to add this adorable Grandparent’s Day Coloring Pages even though they are more for children. But how often do you even remember when Grandparent’s Day is? Much less have your kids do something nice to show appreciation for Grandma and Grandpa? Now you have something you can let your kids create at the last minute! Oh, and if you don’t already know, Grandparent’s Day is the first Sunday after Labor Day.
- Quote: “Grandparents make the world a little softer, a little kinder, and a little warmer”
- Best Grandparents Ever!
- I Love You
- Happy Grandparents Day
- My Hero Is My Grandpa
- #1 Grandpa
✅ FREE BIRTHDAY COLORING PAGES (TO PRINT)
So many cute birthday adult coloring pages from Doodle Art Alley that I can’t choose!
- Birthday Cake and Candles
- Happy Birthday Candles
- Celebrate Birthday Cake
- Birthday Balloons
- Party Time
- Happy Birthday Flowers
- Birthday Cupcak
I have created my own free adult coloring pages for you! You can download them from my Resource Library by clicking the button below.
✅ MY FAVORITE FREE ADULT COLORING PAGE PRINTABLES
- Dream. Do It.
- Believe You Can and You Will
- Today is Going to be Awesome
- Giant Flower Collage from Alisa Burke
I don’t know about you, but after all of these free coloring page printables, I am ready to break out my colored pencils and get to work coloring. How about you?
✅ How to Download Free Online Coloring Pages for Adults
Every browser, as well as the difference between and PC and a Mac, may have slightly different ways to download and print your adult coloring page. But here are the most common ways:
1. Right click and save as JPEG then save to your computer or Dropbox folder.
2. Export as PDF or JPEG and choose a location on your computer to save it.
3. Print your adult coloring pages either at home or professionally through services like OfficeDepot.
✅ Printing Instructions for Free Adult Coloring Pages
Tips for Printing Coloring Pages at Home
- If you are using an inkjet printer, make sure you allow the ink to dry completely after printing.
- The best paper for using colored pencils is 65lb. cardstock. It is very reasonably priced and will make your final product look the best. It also good for framing.
- If you like coloring with coptic markers, then you want to use 110lb. bright white cardstock for the best results and to resist bleeding and smearing.
Printing Tips for Online Print Services
Mosts professional print services use laser jet printers. The ink used in these printers is practically bleed-proof. So you can use whatever coloring tools you prefer.
And printing in black and white is usually less than a dime per page. You can pickup your professionally printed adult coloring pages locally or have them shipped to you. I use Office Depot and it offers both of these pickup options.
- Make sure you preview your print job before you place your order.
- Choose 65lb. or 110lb. white cardstock paper for the best results. It will be smooth coloring for you and not bleed through to the other side of the page.
- Make sure to look for coupons on the website before you place your final order.
Read more about things you can do for yourself . . .
- My Warrior Playlist for When I Feel Like My Illness is Winning
- Binge-Worthy Mental Health Podcasts
- Cute Adult Coloring Bookmarks
- Self-Care Series Part 2: How to Create a Kick-Ass Self-Care Plan Using Highly Effective Self-Care Strategies