The buzz about affirmations is almost impossible to avoid. You hear people talk about them and why they are so powerful. You are game to try them, but you don’t know where to start. Guess what? I have compiled a huge list of positive affirmations to say every day.
Get started here and get a feel for what affirmations are. Be on the lookout for the affirmations that you feel are exactly what you need. Make a list of those and hop on over to this post–The Best Way to Write Affirmations–and learn how to create affirmations that are customized exactly for you!
This post contains Amazon and other affiliate links. This just means that at no extra cost to you I receive a small commission if you purchase something through the links in this gift guide. You can also read my full disclosure policy.
✅ Why are Affirmations So Powerful?
Affirmations are so powerful because they can literally change the way you think. And so many times when we are dealing with the negative effects (both physical and psychological) that are caused by our chronic or mental illnesses, the way we think holds the key to our mental health and well being.
Just likes exercise challenges and strengthens our body, affirmations have the same power to challenge and strengthen our minds.
✅ List of Positive Affirmations
This is a list of affirmations you can use when creating your own. Some affirmations apply in most circumstances, but I think you will find that not all of these positive affirmations apply to what you need. I encourage you to dig deep and choose the affirmations that can be the most powerful in your life.
- I possess the qualities needed to . . .
- I base my happiness on . . .
- I choose . . .
- I deserve . . .
- I am . . .
✅ Short Daily Affirmations
If your goal is to start immediately with affirmations and to memorize them quickly, this list of powerful affirmations to say everyday is definitely where you should start.
- I matter.
- My life has a purpose.
- Happiness is a choice.
- I do not live in fear.
- I can make a difference.
- All problems have solutions.
- I am enough.
- I am smart and capable.
- I deserve to be loved.
- I am an overcomer.
✅ Affirmations for Self-Esteem and Confidence
You may not even realize that your chronic or mental illness is chipping away at your self-esteem and confidence. But if you struggle each day just to survive, you most likely feel weak or broken. And even if you don’t strive each day to “keep your head above water,” life, in general, can really wear you down. That’s why focusing on affirmations for self-esteem and confidence is important and you should definitely include them in your list of affirmations to say every day.
- I will never give up on myself.
- I embrace new challenges and try new strategies to work through them.
- I strive for progress, not perfection.
- I am a work in progress.
- I am a dream-chaser.
- I am capable of so much.
- My past mistakes have been learning experiences.
- I can get through anything.
- I have many goals and dreams and I can achieve them.
- I am worthy of love and happiness.
- I can make my dreams happen.
- I can create the life I deserve.
- I know my good qualities.
- Past performance does not equal future success.
- I trust my ability to make good decisions.
✅ Affirmations for Strength and Courage
Living with a chronic illness can make you feel weak and helpless. I mean, if you live with chronic pain every
- I am a warrior full of courageousness and hope.
- My potential for happiness is not limited by my chronic illness.
- My health challenges make me stronger.
- My illness does not define me.
- I am courageous and fight to live each day with joy.
- I can thrive, not just survive.
- It’s okay to not be okay.
- Crying is not a
- Every challenge has a hidden treasure.
- Courage runs through my veins.
- Being strong is my way of life.
- Each day has the potential for new happiness.
- I wake up each morning ready to face new challenges.
✅ List of Positive Affirmations for Mental Health and Well-Being
- I am not alone in my struggles.
- My scars prove my strength, not my weakness.
- I will never give up on myself.
- I am creative and strategic when I face new struggles.
- Each day brings a new chance to thrive.
- Each new day is a fresh start.
- I am patient and kind to myself.
- My illness does not limit my happiness.
- My health challenges make me a warrior.
- My mind is quiet and strong.
- My mental well-being is a
- I take care of myself.
- I look for new ways to overcome my challenges.
- Having a mental illness is not the same as being mentally ill.
Since affirmations are positive statements about ourselves and the things we know we can achieve and are worthy of, using affirmations for mental health and well being is a no-brainer.
No matter if you have a mental illness diagnosis, or you are struggling with a chronic illness, using affirmations is therapeutic and recommended by almost all psychologists. They strengthen our perception of ourselves which in turn increases our self-esteem and self-worth. Affirmations also help us to fight against symptoms or learned behaviors like negative thinking patterns, worry, and self-doubt.
Here are some examples of the positive affirmations I use:
- I have many goals and dreams and I don’t give up until I achieve them.
- I base my happiness on my progress.
- I live each day and find joy
. I feel peace along with my pain.
- I can create the life I deserve.
- Challenges are opportunities for growth.
- Mistakes are the starting point for success.
- I have the heart of a Warrior
Even though this is a great list to start with of positive affirmations to say everyday, it is truly more therapeutic to create your own affirmations. That way, they are tailored to your individual challenges and circumstances. You will make the most of using positive affirmations when you can address your own negative thoughts and beliefs.
Once you have created your list of positive affirmations to say every day, you may want to create affirmation cards.
If you want to make your affirmation cards, read this tutorial on How to Make Affirmation Cards (DIY Ideas.) It has
OR . . .
If you would rather create your own beautiful and personalized affirmation cards, take a look at my Affirmations Starter Kit. This kit comes with some pre-made affirmations and some blank cards. Each of the cards
✅ Printable List of Positive Affirmations PDF (FREE)
Having a list of these affirmation so that you can brainstorm your own affirmations is super helpful. I have create a printable list of positive affirmations from this post. To download, just click the button below!
*Oh, and you’ll also get the password to my entire library of free printables and resources full of tips, strategies, and activities for thriving despite your illness.
Saying affirmations is a great self-care and mental health activity. The more you practice saying your positive affirmations every day, the more they will become automatic thoughts. That will help push out some of your negative thoughts you frequently ruminate on–which just cause a downward spiral into more thought distortions.
What are some of the positive affirmations you say every day?